Did you know the daily amount of fibre adults should consume per pay is 30g! Common food sources of fibre are fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Although it is not always easy to include these in our diets as fast foods and sugary snacks are so readily available and easier to grab on the go. We need to be making better food choices. So here are 8 Easy Ways to Eat More Fibre.
There are obviously benefits for having proper fibre in your diets. High fibre diets are associated with lower risk of heart disease, strokes, type 2 diabetes, bowl and breast cancer. Also choosing the right type of fibre can aid digestion and prevent constipation.
So here are 8 Easy Ways to Eat More Fibre…
- Choose a high fibre breakfast cereal. A good example is porridge oats. A sure way to start your day right.
- Include plenty of vegetables with your meals. Either as a side dish, or added as part of the ingredients for sauces, soups, stews or curries.
- Add beans, lentils or chickpeas to stews, salads ect
- Instead of having sugary snacks, swap them out for fresh fruit or vegetable sticks, nuts or seeds.
- Swap chips for crackers or popcorn, popcorn is a wholegrain so far better if you lightly season it yourself.
- Choose a better desert option such as fresh or dried fruit.
- Have potatoes with their skins on. Baked potatoes or boiled potatoes are preferred.
- Opt for wholemeal or granary breads, and whole grains, like wholewheat pasta or brown rice.
It really will benefit you in the long run so try some of these 8 easy ways to eat more fibre.
Thanks for visiting JustFun247!
Photo Credit Unsplash